To be admitted to the Joint Ph.D. Program, an applicant must have received a baccalaureate degree in one of the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields, with background in Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Statistics, and Programming in a language such as C or Fortran.
Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their prior academic record and their potential for creative research and teaching, as demonstrated in submitted application materials.
Interested students are encouraged to apply for Fall 2023 by the priority deadline of January 15, 2023. We do not accept applications for Winter or Spring quarters. Questions about the application process? Contact the Jean Macneil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the following list as a guideline of documents needed for a complete application.
- Application Fee
- Statement Of Purpose
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Score Report (International Applicants Only)
- TOEFL iBT minimum score is 80
- IELTS overall minimum score of 7, with a score of no less than 6 on any individual module
- Transcripts (Bachelors and Masters, if applicable)
- Undergraduate GPA minimum is 3.0
- Graduate GPA minimum is 3.5
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- *GRE is NOT required for the Fall 2023 admissions cycle*
Within the application, please identify the UCI and SDSU faculty member you would want to work with while in this program.